We are ISO 14001 certified
Here at Target Fire Protection, we have recently passed our stage two in Environmental Management, making us ISO 14001 certified. With this certification comes for our customers the assurance of our environmental prowess as a company in the service we provide.
Indeed, speaking on the subject, our managing director Dave Harris said, “Target fire are pleased to announce that we passed stage two and are now ISO 14001 certificated. At Target fire we take what impact we have on the environment seriously, having implemented ISO 14001 this reassures our customers that any work we do for them as a minimum impact as possible on the environment and any waste that we take from the customer’s premises is disposed of correctly”.
But what exactly does this accreditation mean?
What is ISO 14001 accreditation and certification?
Set up by Certification Europe, an accredited certification body providing International Organisation for Standardisation, the ISO 14001 accreditation provides a three year environmental management standard for companies who hold it.
In order to gain the accreditation, a company must complete a number of audit stages which, if completed fully and to a satisfactory level, will allow for a company’s receipt of the certificate. The certification is therein subject to mandatory audits each year which are carried out to ensure companies are still compliant.
What are the benefits of this accreditation?
There are a wealth of benefits to companies holding this certification, and these include:
- Legal compliance: ISO 14001 is a set of industry recognised best practices, positioning a company holding the accreditation to meet regulatory challenges in the future. This sets any company holding the certification apart from others with the continually changing legal landscape.
- Lower operating costs: Since companies holding the accreditation will reduce waste minimisation in terms of energy and water usage, the costs of operating will be lower.
- Improved stakeholder relations: By prioritising the environment, stakeholders will respond positively, gaining new business in new areas where your company’s reputation for environmental noteworthiness precedes it.
- Better business credentials and ability to grow business: This accreditation will enhance the credentials of your brand which, in turn, will win you more business.
- Improved environmental management: Accreditation to ISO 14001 helps companies to identify potential impacts and put in place the relevant controls and measures to keep their risk as low as possible, and by doing so, improve its overall efficiency.
Here at Target Fire Protection, we couldn’t be prouder of our certification, and look forward to working for more customers than ever before thanks to it. Based in the North West, we operate not only throughout areas including Manchester, Rochdale, Bury and Oldham, but across the UK.
Get in touch with our friendly team of expert fire safety technicians today to find out more about any of the products we supply and installation services we offer. We’re always happy to help, whatever the enquiry.